So for Engine and Transmission diagnostics we have 3 different levels. So level 1 testing is going to work for half the cars on the road. With this service most the work is in researching the code. Sure you can get Autozone to read a code and what system it is but really to get a good answer of what the problem is you really go to do a research to figure out what is the most common thing that can happen and then from that we can figure out what we have to test.
$59.00 Level 1 50%
- Connect Computer Diagnostic Test Equipment
- Perform Test and Read Service Codes and Stored Diagnostic Information
- Research Codes and Code Setting Parameters
- Check for Related Service Bulletins and Pattern Failures
- Visual Inspection of Related Components and Areas
- Isolate Circuit of Sub-System Responsible for Lamp Activation
- Advise of Results
- Clear and Reset Computer
40% of the cars will end up with level 2 testing. This is when we really got to break out all the good diagnostic tools. Remember scan tools can lie about data but scopes give real data. We are definitely breaking out the scope if your car needs our level 2 testing.
$89.00 Level 2 40%
- Road Test as Required to Test, Duplicate, and Monitor Functions
- Test and Confirm Battery and Charging System Functions
- Perform Manufactures Flow Chart Diagnostic Procedure for Isolated System
- Use of Scopes, Meters, and Simulators as Needed
- Signal Trace and Circuit Test as Required for Related System
- Test Sensor Functions and Connections as Required
- Test Fuel System as Related to Sub-System Failure
- Test Ignition as Related to Sub-System Failure
- Isolate Specific System / Component Failure
- Advise of Corrective Action and Options
So our 3rd level of testing is for when $hit hits the fan! This is when we have looked over everything we know and we are still scratching our head. Luckily we are hardcore car guys and girls and we dont give up! We have invested lots of money and time into data! Data may be in the form of calling our tech hotlines, subscribing to factory data manuals, spending time talking with all the other techs we know to search for the correct answer to your cars problem. Really only about 10% of cars ever get to this level of tests
$149.00 Level 3 10%
- Advanced System Testing
- Reconfirm Basic Tests
- Remove / Access Modules & Computers for Specific Pin Out Tests
- Access Wiring Harnesses for Wiring Testing & Confirmation
- In Depth Testing by a Master Technician Using Wiring Diagrams, Technical Hotline Assistance, Signal Substitution, Multiple Road Tests, and Theory.
If you need more information about diagnostics I would suggest you check our FAQ page.